Who we are
At Marketsmith, Inc., outcomes are everything. For our clients, ourselves and the community around us. So much so, in fact, that we refer to ourselves as The Outcomes Agency. We are a woman-owned, data driven omnichannel marketing agency that delivers real business impact for direct-to-consumer and challenger brands in any category through the applied use of technology. Our mission is to make challenger brands champions. It’s not just about data science, however, or the application of analytics. Our focus on outcomes means we begin by thoroughly understanding our client’s business and a willingness to commit shared accountability for success.
We are a diverse company focused on giving back and encouraging our employees to do great work so they can do good things. Our unique culture puts our employees first – from new graduates to seasoned professionals and offers tremendous opportunities for learning and advancement as well as competitive salaries. We operate under the vision of a highly-respected CEO and leadership team who inspire team work, innovation and the ability to make a difference. Our employees enjoy all the benefits of working for a Manhattan agency without the commute.
Who we need
The MSI Marketing Associate is a fully participating team member, responsible for providing impeccable support on a day-to-day basis to the Account team. The Marketing Associate fosters strong client relationships while collaborating with the team to deliver great work of the highest quality This requires someone who is a highly organized self-starter.
- Support the Client Performance team by providing prompt, thorough response to all client requests
- Coordinate with the client and account teams daily to monitor account status, job development, on-going budget reports, and track status of all assigned account work in status reports
- Monitor accounts to alert Account Directors of issues early on and ensure the sharing of relevant information
- Work with Account Directors to formulate POVs on business and brand issues and opportunities
- Establish trust and respect with the client to maintain and grow existing relationships
- Coordinate client meetings as needed
- Learn and put into practice all client service processes including: Creative, Production, Media, Accounting, and Analytics
- Work closely with internal/external media and creative teams to ensure deliverables are on schedule and within budget. This may include developing media and creative briefs
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure timely and accurate billing of all client projects including; responsible for opening and closing all job numbers, tracking budgets, reconciliation of all projects, and client invoicing, attendance at weekly and monthly financial meetings, etc.
- Communicate with Production/Traffic on project timelines, job numbers, estimates, setting up meetings, issuing instructions and trafficking deliverables/materials
- Work closely with account team, talent, and business management to understand, anticipate, and manage budgetary issues
- Administrative Ssupport as needed (covering reception desk)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in an agency or related environment
- An action-oriented entrepreneurial spirit and a laser focus on the outcome, not just on the process
- A “your problem is my problem” attitude and an eagerness to explore all available resources to think differently about problems and solutions
- A thirst for knowledge to dig deep into the business to understand where the pain points are and the ability to link our work directly back to the business as much as possible
- A resilient positive demeanor to foster a highly collaborative environment
- Confidence to present your own and other’s work persuasively, whether written or verbal
- Financial savvy – the willingness and capability to work with numbers
- Curiosity to learn further about the advertising business and account management from emerging media and technology, trade publications, industry blogs and industry collateral
What we offer
With free drinks and healthy snacks, a game room where you can blow off some steam, a walking club, free gym membership, and weight loss programs; paid time off, work from home time and Summer Fridays; a robust benefits package including health, dental, accident, life, and critical care insurance, health and dependent flexible spending accounts; a 401K; guest speakers, access to classes to earn certifications and master technology and marketing tools, an easy commute from NJ, NYC metro, or NE PA, and opportunities to volunteer for causes to help families and animals in need, Marketsmith could be your new professional home.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To level the field, we’ll ask you to take a personality assessment test and agree to a background check.