Who we need
The marketing analyst is responsible for creating client reporting, providing projections against overall business outcomes, and monitoring key performance indicators across channels and client business units. This is a client-facing role on the embedded analytics team, working hand in hand with media and client performance team members to create actionable written reporting on outcome and trends and to ensure ongoing optimization against delivery and KPI’s.
Client Immersion & Goal Setting
- Interface with clients to understand goals for business outcomes, immerse in data sources, and gain an understanding of what visualization and reporting packages need to deliver
- Work directly with senior leadership to create measurement plans for client campaigns
- Create goals for overall campaigns as well as channel specific KPI’s
- Design A|B test panels as needed based on campaign learning agenda
- Leverage market, competitive and customer intelligence to develop a deep understanding of opportunities, consumer insights, and business drivers
Reporting & Analysis
- Partner with media strategists and planners to determine what’s working/what’s not for our clients’ go to market plans, including reading of test panels
- Provide day-to-day client reporting initiatives, including but not limited to written analyses, creation of projections of performance by week and channel
- Engage with internal and external teams, both verbally and in writing to communicate current performance and trends.
- Support data visualization team to provide clear information on needs (spec) and communicate with internal development team on all data sources/feeds for automation.
- Generate deeper analysis including KPI deep dives, content performance analyses, customer lifetime value and journey analyses and post-campaign analysis with 3 year trends.
Performance Monitoring & Recommendations
- Analyze and articulate overall business trends and trends based on channel-specific KPI’s and pre-established goals.
- Recommend potential optimizations across channels, tactics, and creative treatments based on rapid changes in market.
- Inform decision making by gathering analyzing and socializing metrics, trends, and insights against the campaign and channel goals.
- Evaluate attribution methodology based on business use cases and outcomes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 – 4 years of experience in marketing analytics, an analytical, research, or insights role
- Advanced Excel skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data, analytics, and marketing platforms such as Adobe, Braze, Google Marketing Platform, Facebook Ads Manager is a plus
- Google Analytics certification a plus
- Experience with visualization platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI and Looker a plus
Who we are
Marketsmith Inc. is a women-owned, full-service marketing agency with a proven history of launching products that build successful brands. Our mission is to deliver real business impact for our clients through the applied use of omnichannel campaigns, high-performance creative, and end-to-end measurement. We launch challenger brands into champions and grow champion brands into legends.
Our unique culture aligns experienced professionals with hungry innovators to create a diverse environment built to drive new discoveries, efficient operations, and effective executions. The team operates under the vision of a highly respected CEO and leadership team who inspire teamwork, innovation, and the ability to make a difference. In our work-from-anywhere environment, location is not a barrier of entry for any Marketsmith employee. Marketsmith also stands for much more than just great marketing campaigns. The team values community over everything and is committed to establishing a more equitable future for underrepresented communities through educational workshops, knowledge sessions, employment opportunities, and philanthropic efforts.
What we offer
Flexible Remote Work Setting: The Marketsmith Inc office is open for jobs that require that in-person support, but the team is predominantly working from home as we have fully transitioned to a work-from-anywhere model. Marketsmith offers paid time off, Summer Fridays, and a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, accident, life, and critical care insurance; health and dependent flexible spending accounts; a 401(k); guest speakers; access to classes to earn certifications and master technology and marketing tools; an easy commute from NJ, NYC metro, or NE PA; and opportunities to volunteer for causes to help families and/or animals in need. Marketsmith could be your new professional home.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To level the field, we’ll ask you to take a personality assessment test and agree to a background check.