Who we need
As Accounts Payable Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- This role is essential to the billing and payment process, ensuring all client media payables are captured accurately and timely for payment from an accounting standpoint.
- Maintain billing responsibility across several clients and media channels as well as project-based billings.
- Process vendor invoices using the company’s systems of records, ensuring alignment between systems.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. Utilizes reconciled invoices to generate client billings.
- Resolve vendor issues, when needed. Review and resolve vendor billing discrepancies. Liaise with media and client performance teams to ensure accuracy in billing across clients and projects and discrepancy resolution.
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables, including billing status updates, and follow-up on outstanding items.
- Work independently and proactively managing workloads and project timelines.
- Resolve outstanding payments through communication with departments, vendors, and clients
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A successful candidate will have 2-4 years experience with media payables, familiarity with media buying systems with experience in GL and invoice management platforms.
- Experience with Strata or Advantage a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate beyond what is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with internal teams, along with possessing strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong adherence to process and willingness to question status quo in interest of constant improvement
Who we are
Marketsmith Inc. is a women-owned, full-service marketing agency with a proven history of launching products that build successful brands. Our mission is to deliver real business impact for our clients through the applied use of omnichannel campaigns, high-performance creative, and end-to-end measurement. We launch challenger brands into champions and grow champion brands into legends.
Our unique culture aligns experienced professionals with hungry innovators to create a diverse environment built to drive new discoveries, efficient operations, and effective executions. The team operates under the vision of a highly respected CEO and leadership team who inspire teamwork, innovation, and the ability to make a difference. In our work-from-anywhere environment, location is not a barrier of entry for any Marketsmith employee. Marketsmith also stands for much more than just great marketing campaigns. The team values community over everything and is committed to establishing a more equitable future for underrepresented communities through educational workshops, knowledge sessions, employment opportunities, and philanthropic efforts.
What we offer
Flexible Remote Work Setting: The Marketsmith Inc office is open for jobs that require that in-person support, but the team is predominantly working from home as we have fully transitioned to a work-from-anywhere model. Marketsmith offers paid time off, Summer Fridays, and a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, accident, life, and critical care insurance; health and dependent flexible spending accounts; a 401(k); guest speakers; access to classes to earn certifications and master technology and marketing tools; an easy commute from NJ, NYC metro, or NE PA; and opportunities to volunteer for causes to help families and/or animals in need. Marketsmith could be your new professional home.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To level the field, we’ll ask you to take a personality assessment test and agree to a background check.