Is TikTok your next brand opportunity?
Did someone say TikTok?
When you mention the name “TikTok” anywhere in New Jersey, people immediately think of the legendary Tick Tock Diner. Atmosphere, great prices and a huge portion of disco fries (drooling) keep locals coming back 24/7/365. But this New Jersey-based performance-marketing agency knows better – TikTok, a video sharing social networking site with over 2 billion downloads, is all the craze among 16- to 24-year-olds. In recent weeks, it has even been used to bring grandparents and grandchildren closer together – Lillian Droniak, 90-year-old grandmother to Kevin Droniak, has over 105,000 followers!
5 Things Marketers Need to Know to Launch a Successful TikTok Campaign
- The importance of the “for you” page: When you sign into TikTok, each user is brought to their “for you” page. This is 100% personalized content driven by your search, engagement and follow behavior. The algorithm associated with this page is a total black box, and do not let an agency convince you otherwise. What we do know is that landing your video in one of these coveted spots is a fast track to growing your followers.
- Targeting Options: Like most social platforms, TikTok has targeting capabilities including gender, location, age and interests. You can also generate look-alike or custom audiences leveraging customer database uploads.
- Hashtag Strategy: Hashtags are a way of categorizing content to make it easy to find and follow. Before posting, research relevant hashtags by looking at competitor posts or use a hashtag generator tool like com – be sure to use them sparingly and precisely.
- Advertising Opportunities:
- Brand Takeover – this acts as an interstitial that appears as soon as a user opens the app for the first time that day. You can leverage video, still images or GIFs and link directly to your website.
- Top View – this is a traditional ad unit that appears within a user’s feed after three seconds of viewing.
- Native Video – this video is placed in-feed, appearing to be organic content to the untrained eye. CTA can be customized to drive away from the native platform or even to an app download option.
- Hashtag Challenge – these sponsored opportunities will build brand awareness and drive user-generated content (UGC) engagement. One of the most successful hashtag challenges was launched by Jimmy Fallon, generating 30 million views using #tumbleweedchallenge – check out the 13,500 videos associated with this hashtag for a little fun!
Looking to master your #hashtag technique or launch a #tiktokchallenge? Let’s talk strategy.
The Marketsmith team is embracing the 2M views a day on TickTik. Check out our socially distant status meeting.